GMT’s Privacy Approach
The Customer can access GMT Manila’s home page and browse the site without disclosing any personal data, apart from the information collected by cookies that GMT Manila uses and required to provide the service to its Customers.
Who May Process Data
Personal information will only be collected with the Customer’s consent.
The Customer’s personal information (which includes name, email, address, and any other details provided by the Customer to GMT Manila which identifies the Customer as an individual) may be processed by GMT Manila.
GMT Manila may disclose or receive personal information or documents about the Customer to/from other companies within the GMT Manila group, its authorized carriers, and its service providers including Credit Reference agencies.
GMT Manila may be required to disclose personal information or documents about a customer if required to do so by law in the prevention of criminal activities in accordance with Philippine legislation.
GMT Manila will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that is held is accurate, complete, and up to date.
Purpose of Processing
GMT Manila and its affiliates, its authorized carriers, and service providers will use the Customer’s personal information for the purpose of administering GMT Manila’s relationship with the Customer, such as order fulfillment, verifying the customer’s identity and delivery address, authorizing debit/credit card payments and processing any other transactions authorized by the Customer. GMT Manila may also wish to inform Customers of special offers, undertake product or customer research/development and provide other marketing information to the Customer which GMT Manila thinks the Customer may find of interest. If a Customer does not wish to receive any marketing information they may request that their details are excluded from any promotional activity by contacting GMT Manila.
GMT Manila uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but GMT Manila. This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
Notwithstanding the above, GMT Manila cannot guarantee the protection of Customers’ personal data transmitted electronically due to the nature of the Internet. Customers should be aware that when personal information is disclosed on the Internet it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users.
Personal identifiable information is collected and used by GMT Manila for five general purposes:
- fulfillment of your order requests for products and services.
- customization of the content you see.
- to contact you about special offers and new products. Please note: you can opt-out of marketing materials at any time.
- billing and order status purposes.
- fulfillment and maintenance of membership and service agreements.
- GMT Manila has your consent to share the information.
- GMT Manila needs to provide the information to other companies to fulfill your request for a product or service. For example a shipping company, credit card processing company, or service partner. (Without your consent, these companies do not have the right to use the personally identifiable information provided beyond what is necessary to assist GMT Manila.)
- GMT Manila is legally required to provide information in response to court orders, subpoenas, or legal process.
- GMT Manila finds that your actions violate the usage guidelines outlined in the GMT Manila Terms and Conditions.
- GMT Manila feels that an emergency situation has arisen which requires us to release information before you can be contacted for consent. For example a verified family emergency.
The GMT Manila website contains links to other websites. GMT Manila is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites owned and operated by other companies. When you leave the GMT Manila website, please read the privacy policies of each website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by GMT Manila, and such information remains private and secure when you follow links to other websites.
GMT Manila is committed to a zero-tolerance, anti-spamming policy. Under this policy, we prohibit:
- Manipulating identifiers, such as email headers, to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through GMT Manila’s computer systems.
- Relaying email through a third party’s mail servers without the permission of that third party.
- Using or causing GMT Manila computer systems to facilitate the transmission of unsolicited.
- Unauthorized material. This includes any promotional materials, URLs, “junk mail,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation that you may upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available.
- Using “robots” or otherwise harvesting others’ email addresses from the GMT Manila servers for purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorized material.
- Uploading, posting, emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times.
- Allowing third parties to contact our customer database without the customer’s prior consent.
- Emailing non-GMT Manila customers promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
- Emailing GMT Manila customers who have opted out of email-based contact promotional or marketing materials without their prior consent.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our customer surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other GMT Manila customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our Services to you and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally-identifying information may be shared with third parties.
Other Partners and Sponsors
Revisions to this Policy
GMT Manila reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner.